£60000 - £850000 per annum + bonus + bens
The Harrington Starr BI Data & Analytics team are working with one of the City's most upcoming & exciting Buy-side firms who are looking to make a new hire. We require a BI Data Engineer who has an understanding of the Banking environment, ideally buy-side.
This role will suit an individual who has a passion to be able to get into a business to work on a greenfield database design project.
This is one of the most unique roles we have seen this year due to the successful Data Engineer being hired to grow out a new data environment.
The current design plans have just left the POC phase and our client is now ready to embark on a 3 year growth phase to build out the data architecture.
The role will be based full-time, 5 days per week near to Piccadilly tube station so easily accessible to a host of stations.
The core responsibilities for this Data Analyst are as follows:
- Help to streamline & design/ implement processes covering essential business functions.
- Look to minimise process times & improve data quality to enhance best practice reporting.
- Help to evaluate & improve the current infrastructure to include data stores & process
- Assist with the physical design & architecture of the database/data stores
- Help with the database development including stored procedures, queries & performance tuning.
- Help to build from scratch a new reporting layer from different data sources.
- Identify a relevant BI tool to purchase and implement into the business.
For an immediate telephone, we require the following skills:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
- Have strong SQL & relational database skills, PostgreSQL useful
- Scripting for ETL & data analysis using Python, Perl & Bash
- Happy to work in Unix/Linux operating system environment.
- Must have commercial experience of writing high-performance, reliable & maintainable code.
- Useful to have commercial experience with Agile development techniques.
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial business acumen.
Our client needs to make the right hire so can wait a reasonable timescale, therefore please apply if you are on an extended notice.
To re-cap, we require a hybrid Data Engineer/ Developer who is at the top of their game and looking for a role with a significant difference.
You will be ready to help build out the new data architecture and be one of the pivotal and key team members in the next part of the client's growth phase.
The Harrington Starr BI & Data Analytics team very much look forward to hearing from you.