Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000 - £46000 per annum + bens
The North Starr, part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join a semi-start-up organisation on a full time basis.
This role will combine the elements of best practice Database Administration with SQL Server >2017 technology.
We can wait a reasonable length of notice for the right person although our client is keen to hire someone quickly.
Based in Milton Keynes, you will be joining a small IT team that is looking to triple in size over the next 3 years due to user base growth.
As a SQL Server DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems and company data including Excel VBA applications. The DBA's main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of various corporate applications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server 2012/2017 databases
- Support existing SSRS and SSIS applications
- Support existing Excel workbooks and VBA macros with a view to assist moving these processes to a central SQL Server database, SSRS and SSIS applications
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analyse, solve, and correct server, database and application issues
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Implement and maintain development, testing and live deployment strategies
- Implement and maintain code version control
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
To qualify for this SQL Server DBA here's the technical requirements and qualifications:
- 3 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA 2012/2017 or similar role
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with advanced Excel workbooks
- Experience with Excel VBA(Desirable)
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with Windows server, including Active Directory
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business based in the heart of Milton Keynes. You will be working under the direction of a newly managed team with each member of the new team looking forward to period of sustained growth within their roles. Our client embraces a healthy blend of home to work life balance and truly understands the benefits this brings to the business.
The North Starr look forward to hearing from you on this.