£55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + bens
The North Starr Recruitment business are looking to hire a Software Engineer for our market leading client based in Guildford. Our client has multiple roles so could suit a Software Engineer at all levels. Please apply from grad level through to Senior.
Based in Guildford, you will be joining a highly motivated team of software specialist all looking to make a positive impact to the client experience.
As part of an established software engineering team you will be assigned to one of three scrum teams, focussing on Architecture, Core development and Features respectively.
The key responsibilities will be as follows:
Developing NLP functionality to process free-form text
Enhancing our documenting processing capability using OCR confidence metrics
Handling reconciliation of large input data sets using MapReduce
Exposing and consuming RESTful APIs to connect to an enterprise digital backbone
To qualify for an immediate interview we require the following skill set.
- Strong academics including a degree in a STEM subject (or equivalent)
- Logical and analytical problem-solving
- .NET Framework - For junior candidates, any modern programming language is sufficient.
- SQL programming
- Advanced Excel or Access
- Have a desire to work and be trained across the Investment Banking landscape ( no exp required)
- Experience of technologies on our development roadmap (AI/ML/NLP, OCR, MapReduce, REST, Docker, .NET Core, microservices) would be an advantage
- Happy for occasional travel to Banking clients in the UK, EMEA & Americas
Our client is happy to wait a reasonable time for the right candidate so please apply if you are either immediately available or on up to 12 weeks' notice.
This role comes with a superb bonus & benefit package and with a degree of autonomy for some home working.
The North Starr team look forward to hearing from you for a confidential discussion.