City of London, London
£70000 - £80000 per annum + benefits
The North Starr recruitment team are actively looking to place a seasoned BI Information Architect. This role could well suit a Senior BI Developer who feels the time is right to step up into an architectural role.
This role will be for someone who understands the Insurance industry
Based in the heart of Canary Wharf, you will be joining a team of Developers that understand how to get the very best out of their system yet strive to push the technical boundaries for maximum client benefit.
One of the Key selling points for this role is the backing that you will receive from the board at every step. You will have the autonomy to run things the way you want to and a Senior Directorate ready to make the necessary technical spend if it makes business sense.
You will be coming into the team at grass roots level to assist with the design & build of a new reporting solution with data sourced from a variety of processing platforms. As the client gears up for a large Digital programme in 2019 you will have time to establish yourself as a key BI figurehead to take them into the Future State work
From day one, you will be encouraged to bring new ideas to the table and work in deep collaboration with your co-workers, thus helping to create a hotbed of technical innovation and progression within the department.
The key responsibilites are as follows for thie Senior BI Developer - BI Information Architect:
- Architect and design Data Warehouse infrastructure and solutions
- Develop, enhance, and integrate Data Warehouses/Data Marts and Business Intelligence Solutions to Enterprise standard solutions
- Develop overall strategic data architecture direction and provide a comprehensive road map for the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Perform data profiling to detect patterns, trends and anomalies to gain more in-depth understanding of data requirements and needs to ensure model is fit-for-use
- Test, deploy and maintain Data Warehouses/Data Marts
- Continue the redesign the Current Data warehouse and scale it up into an Enterprise level solution.
- Provision of a Certified information layer for Reporting and Self-Service
- Mentor the more junior team members
The successful candidate will possess the following skills to qualify for an interview:
- Approx 5+ years of experience with majority of exposure in Insurance working as Data Solution Architect / Data Modeller
- In-depth understanding of Insurance based business model preferred In-depth SQL knowledge to enhance and develop the data architecture required to support SQL Server based applications and data warehouse environments essential.
- Complete technical confidence to challenge the Status Quo and suggest new technology spend when applicable
- Extensive experience implementing data warehousing, data architecture, & data modelling, including strong knowledge of various data modelling approaches and practices (Kimball Preferred)
- Hands-on experience with complex database implementations in SQL Server 2012 onwards
- In-depth understanding of data integration and interface platforms and technologies
- ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) experience required
- Actively used Agile Scrum methodology in a Data warehouse environment
Our client is able to wait a reasonable time for the right candidate so please apply if you are on extended notice or more immediately available.
If you are not being challenged in your current role and looking for a supportive employee who's ready to invest in you and your technical ideas, this role has the lot.
Please contact the North Starr immediately to find out more on this role.