£100000 - £120000 per annum + bonus + bens + car bens
The North Starr recruitment business are looking to hire a senior Software Development Director who is keen to make a career move.
You could already be in a Software Director type role or this could be perfect for a Senior Software Engineering Manager looking to step up into a true Director position.
The successful Software Development Director will combine their talents for best practice software engineering with a knowledge base spanning both Cloud & DevOps technologies.
This newly created role will see the post holder work amongst a niche team who's main aim will be to push the technical boundaries of the software platforms.
Our client is looking to pay a substantial salary package made of competitive base, bonus, superb benefits and a company car.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
Helping to lead the technology strategy surrounding future-state cloud-hosting, platform services, APIs, and AWS.
From day one, making new hires and leading the current team of experienced API developers.
Sit on the Global Software Engineering Leadership committee and push new technical ideas across the business.
Help to manage and support API platform/framework in alignment with the client product & platform strategy.
You will help to identify, build and manage common reusable components & services in support of APIs.
Drive the strategy across future-state cloud provider (AWS or Azure).
Work closely with application and solution architects to maintain and ensure best-practice paradigms are used in all systems.
Provide solution recommendations as appropriate.
The core technical skills to qualify for an immediate interview are as follows:
- 10 years +commercial experience within a senior Software Engineering role
- Please apply if currently a Software Engineering Manager looking to step up into Director level position.
- Must have experience with API Gateways and managing private and public APIs
- It will be essential to have recent experience leading team of architects and senior software developers
- Software as a Service (SAAS) and Open Source experience
- Significant experience with defining application architecture for AWS or Azure
- Hands-on experience with architecting and implementation of solutions using frameworks such as MVC and technologies such as Node.js and Angular JS.
- Experience with Web Services, Microservices, and Asynchronous Messaging.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable working in Agile SDLC/ DevOPs/Scrum processes.
- Must possess strong work ethic; team player with great verbal/written communication, and organization skills.
Our client is happy to wait for the right person and expecting good quality candidates to be on an extended notice; so please apply if you are on notice from 4 to 12 weeks.
This role comes with the added advantage of home-working as this business likes to promote a healthy home to work life balance.
On occasion there will be some corporate travel so a mixture of Head office, home and travel will be part of the working commitment.
The North Starr team are looking forward to hearing from you.