£55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + bens
The North Starr recruitment business are looking to hire a Senior Developer ready to embark on a new career move. This will be a chance to gain experience in an upcoming market place and you'll be at the forefront of a new technical frontier within this industry.
If you are at the top of your game and looking for an innovative technical company and salary package to support the next part of your career, this role has it all.
Working in an environment that promotes employee well-being al every level, you will be working with like-minded, talented Software professionals all looking to challenge the technical landscape and improve the client experience.
Based near to Newbury, there will be a mixture of HQ & home-working for the right individual.
The key responsibilities are as follows.
As a Senior Developer you will be tasked with providing new or improved software to meet ongoing functional, market or legislative needs to help the client maintain their market leading position.
We are looking for experienced developers who are comfortable providing input and insight into the development cycle leveraging their experience and achievements.
- Develop application software conforming to quality guidelines based on the requirement definitions provided
- Investigate and provide solutions for software problems identified in testing or via Support
- Provide technical and process documentation to supplement user stories or specifications
- Provide assistance to QA personnel in the testing and documentation process.
- Conduct development hand-over training to internal and external departments/customers as required
- Lead in the installation, implementation and support of field test / pilot of completed developments
- Work with product owners to help define business requirements and specifications.
- Provide basic technical direction with regard to the development of others within the team
- Demonstrable experience of accepting responsibility for whole projects or areas of product.
To qualify for an immediate interview we require the Senior Developer to possess the following skills.
- Experience of software development in a language such as VB, C++ or C#.
- Basic knowledge of XML, XHTML and related technologies as well as a basic knowledge of networking.
- Experience of Object Oriented Design and the use of modern database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Be able to demonstrate expertise in interpreting business requirement specifications and design efficient software solutions to meet the stated requirements that support business processes with a high-degree of user-database interaction
- A working knowledge of current operating systems (UNIX, LINUX, MS Windows etc.).
- Experience of working with software version control techniques, such as CVS or SourceSafe.
- An appreciation of Scrum based Agile and/or waterfall development methods and processes
So to re-cap, we require a Senior Software Developer who can commute to the Newbury area easily.
You will be working in a new and innovative market sector which will bode well for future-state development best practice; this new market sector will compliment any CV and is an extremely exciting time to gain such skills.
The North Starr team very much look forward to hearing from you.