£60000 - £75000 per annum + bonus + bens
The North Starr recruitment business is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer who is ready to make their next career move.
Based in Basingstoke this Software Engineer will participate in the advancement of solutions within the business portfolio through prototyping new concepts in conjunction with business area architects.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a critical role in mentoring software engineers of all levels to ensure we are growing future talent within the agile teams.
The main responsibilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Provides technical leadership and direction for all EPIC features delivered
- Collaborates with architects on the application of agreed upon coding standards process, tooling and frameworks required for the delivery of features in the product backlog
- Completes the design of components of an application that supports and advances the reference architecture.
- Contributes to architecture roadmap for business area(s) by recommending options from third party/cloud solutions and participating in Proof of Concept (POC)/Prototyping initiatives
- Ensures that solutions delivered have an excellent customer experience, are secure and scalable, comply with best practices and open standards.
- As part of the wider team, you will look for ways to utilize modern technologies to solve business problems - including AI, Digital platforms, and automation.
- Plays an active role in improving collaboration between business and IT
- Responsible for application solution quality from design and implementation to deploy and run. Participates in definition and maintenance of software standards
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
To qualify for an interview the essential skills are below:
- Bachelors preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- Must be able to demonstrate previous evidence of strong analytical abilities
- Knowledge of Agile development/methodologies
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Self -motivated and results oriented with the ability to motivate others
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong experience of test driven development (TDD) and unit testing, leveraging automation toolsets
- Strong experience in continuous integration
- Experience of C# or VB.NET and .NET framework
Our client is prepared to wait a reasonable notice so please apply if you are on either a 4 to 12 week exit plan.
This Senior Software role comes with an industry leading benefits package and the client embraces a very healthy work to home life balance with working from home available after probation.
The North Starr team look forward to hearing from you on 02035877764