City of London, London
Superb opportunity to join North Starr's global financial services organisation in a Senior SOC Analyst role. This is the chance to join a growing security operations team, in a role which will offer a healthy mix of day to day incident response, threat hunting and project work,.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* Triage security events and employ a methodical and coherent response to security incidents.
* Competently operate a chosen SIEM (e.g. Splunk/QRadar/LogRhythm) for incident investigations, or for the development of monitoring dashboards.
* Utilise playbooks, existing knowledge and accurate online resources for guidance when responding to incidents.
* Utilise online resources for researching and collecting threat intelligence to enhance the SOC's abilities to detect cyber-attacks
. * Develop new, or improve existing run books and use cases based on investigations and knowledge of modern attacks.
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Experience with operating or administrating a SIEM (e.g. Splunk/QRadar/LogRhythm).
* Strong working knowledge of networks including the TCP/IP stack, typical organisation architectures, and common protocols abused by malware.
* Experience in security event analysis & triage, incident handling and root-cause identification.
* Understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that attackers use to compromise organisations, ideally from direct experience. Beneficial skills, experience and certifications:
* Security industry specific and core technical accreditations such as OSCP, GIAC, CCNA.
* Certification demonstrating SIEM operational competences.
* Competent with one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Java, C#) highly desirable.
Please send your CV for immediate review.