City of London, London
£55000 - £62000 per annum + bonus + bens
The North Starr, part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking to hire an experienced Automation QA Test Engineer.
Based near to London Waterloo station, the successful candidate will be an experienced automated tester who possesses excellent problem solving skills and have a diverse set of technical skills both in manual and automated software testing.
We require someone very comfortable with automation frameworks.
You must be a strong communicator and structured individual with excellent attention to detail.
You will possess the ability to develop effective working relationships with all areas of the business.
The core responsibilities for this role will be as follows:
- Play an active role in the Agile planning process and define Test Cases from written requirements and User Stories
- Automate test workflows using Selenium 2.0 Webdriver / TestNG (Java) / Cucumber (BDD)
- An element of execution of manual tests
- Show innovation in your approach to automated testing
- Identify, characterise and report software defects found to the development team
- Be part of a cross functional team, who collectively take responsibility for the deliverables and quality
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the QA test strategy and process
- Maintain the Jenkins build system
To qualify for an interview, we require someone to have the following skills:
- Significant QA experience focused mainly on automation
- Strong knowledge in implementing, maintaining and revolving automation frameworks
- Expertise in analysing test results and ability to effectively triage the regression runs
- Strong knowledge of setting up and maintaining a CI (Jenkins) system using a master / slave architecture.
- Experience managing automation backlogs in Jira or similar + automation strategy roadmaps
- Unix/Linux exposure and ability to create scripts [shell/perl/python)
- Understand Agile along with BDD. Be able to work within Scrum frameworks
- Strong knowledge of using source control systems (GIT)
- Strong knowledge in writing complex SQL for Data Fixtures
- Experience in writing REST API automation using python and robot framework.
Please get in touch with the North Starr team should this role be of interest, our client can interview immediately.