£45000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + bens
The North Starr recruitment business are actively looking to hire a Senior Application Support Engineer.
This role will require the successful post-holder to combine the elements of best practice Application Support with constantly evolving Cloud & development technology work.
Based near to Leatherhead in Surrey, you will be working within an Application Support team all looking to create a first class IT service to the business.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Look to plan and develop processes for the design, monitoring, measurement, reporting and continuous improvement of service availability and implementation principles.
- Look to consider and implement preventative and pre-emptive measures to improve the availability of services, both for release quality, and once in production.
- Implementing code fixes or making configuration changes.
- Coordinate and lead rapid application fixes and permanent resolution to problems, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve defects, with minimal service interruption.
- Be able to lead investigations and proposals for changes and process exceptions.
- Lead the deployment of releases and agreed remedies.
- Continually update stakeholders at all levels with the escalation process.
- Continually contribute to the service improvement plan.
To qualify for an immediate telephone interview you will have the following skills:
- Must have a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services
- Holds one or more ITIL intermediate certifications (ideally Operational Support and Analysis, and/or Service Operation)
- Demonstrates the ability to work with initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Able to lead a team and work more effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization. In particular
- Demonstrates above average communication skills with an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues and suppliers
- Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication and in negotiation.
- Proficient in Corporate, Industry, Professional Standards, e.g., ITIL, and Agile methodology
- Understanding of Configuration Management and the Software Development lifecycle.
- Ability to automate manual tasks using scripting languages (e.g. shell, python, perl, bash)
- Has a good understanding of one or more Monitoring & Automation tools (Control-M, Splunk, AppDynamics, Nagios)
- Advises on what constitutes appropriate levels of testing / peer review for code changes prior to release into production.
- Knowledge of network protocols TCP/IP
- Good working knowledge of RDMS
- Knowledge of cloud (Azure, AWS); PaaS; SaaS
- Knowledge of development tools (e.g. GIT, TFS, Jenkins)
- Ability to read, edit or write in one or more programming languages
- Knowledge of one or more integration technologies
Our client is looking to make the right hire so can wait a reasonable timescale if the successful candidate is on an extended notice.
This is a superb opportunity for a career minded Application Support Engineer looking to work in Surrey.
You'll be working in a great team environment, have free parking and embrace a healthy work/life balance ratio.
The North Starr team very much look forward to hearing from you.