AN - SECCL_1545236646
Unrivaled opportunity for a Security Engineer to join North Starr's highly established technology centric client based in central London, in an exciting greenfield role. The role offers a great chance to play a key role in the organisation's information security posture, whilst also gaining experience of cutting edge cloud based technologies.
Key day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing the development, refresh and implementation of the Information Security Management System".
- Assuring that the company has best of breed 'industry standard' security tooling in place to protect the business's assets.
- Responding swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities, investigate suspected attacks and be an integral part of the Information security incident process
- Working with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security reviews and compliance audits
- Performing regular security reviews, vulnerability, risk assessments and audits
- Building relationships with all staff to promote "Security by Design" throughout the business
Who are you?
As a trusted technical authority, you'll become a go-to person for all things Security engineering, who can demonstrate and apply the following;
- Detailed technical knowledge of vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods and infection vectors
- Significant experience of Vulnerability/compliance, Patch management, Anti-malware, Access Control / Identity management.
- A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals & security control, firewalls, routing and the various threats applicable to the various OSI Networking layers
- Demonstrable understanding of DLP/IDS/IPS technologies, ability to construct custom signatures and investigate intercepted traffic/logs Strong Technical knowledge of secure engineering principles, privacy (DPA / GDPR) and compliance law and standards (OWASP\ISO\ISF\NIST)
- Working knowledge of Security in AWS / hybrid cloud environments
- Experience supporting, monitoring and alerting on high availability systems and scalable architectures from a security perspective
- Using a different programming language or technology is an opportunity that you will not let you pass by
- Able to balance the demands of delivering high quality and demanding timescales.
- Hold yourself accountable to delivering on your commitments
It would be great if you also could bring
- A desire to constantly challenge the norm
- Willing to attend conferences, webinars and meet-ups and share the learning.
- Experience of using automation to solve complex problems e.g. Machine Learning
- Deep knowledge of the AWS products, tools, services
- The desire to move into a more DevSecOps culture