North Starr are seeking a strong Technical Security Engineer for their global end user client in Cambridge. Super opportunity to work in a newly created position, with an international focus. There will be both strong technical and business facing in this role.
- The analyst performs monitoring, research, assessment and analysis on Intrusion Detection and Prevention tools as well as Anomaly Detection systems, Firewalls, Antivirus systems and proxies.
- Follow pre-defined actions to handle BAU and High severity issues including escalating to other support groups Execute daily adhoc tasks or lead small/medium projects as needed.
- Respond to tier 3 SOC tickets and manage security incidents.
- Create and maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and weekly and Monthly Metrics
- Perform initial risk assessment on new threats and vulnerabilities, perform assessment phase of Vulnerability and Threat Management process
- Perform assessment as well as troubleshooting and help isolate issues with IDS/IPS sensors, Antivirus servers, Vulnerability scanners.
- Support other teams on dealing with security incidents
- Perform forensics activities within Incident Response process.
- 5+ years working in the information security field.
- 2+ years working in security operations.
- Excellent knowledge of Intrusion Detection (deep TCP/IP knowledge, and Cyber security), various operating systems (Windows/UNIX), and web technologies (focusing on Internet security)
- Ability to read and understand packet level data Intrusion detection and prevention and Network Security Products (IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc) Host Security Products (HIPS, AV, scanners, etc)
- Exposure on Threat Modeling, Vulnerability assessment or forensic analysis fields are an advantage.
- Certifications from GIAC, (ISC)² are preferred [CISSP, SSCP, GCIA,GPEN ]
Please send your CV for this highly exciting role ASAP.