City of London, London
£90000 - £105000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Excellent opprtunity to join a global fintech organsiation in a greenfield role.
Supporting our security, engineering, operational and risk management functions in maintaining a good security posture, the responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review and analysis of proposed technical solutions to identify appropriate security controls and subsequent review of the control implementations.
- Experience working with "Big Data" processing including environment and deployment models, ingest data pipelines, security, and infrastructure
- Interpretation of security requirements for the translation in to technical and procedural security controls.
- Provision of input and guidance on security related technical architecture and product design decisions.
- Threat modelling of applications, services and processes.
- Participation in security incident post-mortems and forensic reviews.
- Review of third-party technical security controls in relation to the interfacing with our systems.
- Evaluation and piloting of 3rd party security related products and services.
- Participation in the creation, maintenance and implementation of security policies and standards.
- Liaise and collaborate with key stakeholders in relation to IT security threats
- Keep abreast with the latest regulations and compliance requirements
- Champion and educate the organisation on the latest security strategies and technologies
- Protect the intellectual property of the organisation at all times
- Devise strategies and implement IT solutions to minimise the risk of cyber-attacks
- Contribute towards ISO and other relevant accreditation
- Maintain up to date knowledge and an awareness of security trends, keeping abreast of new risks, through self-education and attendance to industry seminars, to ensure ongoing security risk analysis and the implementation of technical systems and procedures to minimise risk
- Liaise with clients and potential clients to confidently articulate and demonstrate our security capabilities
Knowledge & Experience
- You will be expected to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment with a growing workload, and have a high enough skill set to solve problems and find solutions with minimal hand holding
- Highly experienced in a technical information/cyber security role or roles.
- A practical knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and relevant technical mitigations.
- A pragmatic and hands-on approach to information security and risk management.
- Strong networking and associated protocol knowledge.
- Working knowledge of mobile (iOS and Android) application, network and operating system security controls.
- Experience of performing security architecture and design reviews.
- Strong technical understanding of preventative and detective application and infrastructure security controls and their implementation.
- Practical knowledge of public cloud (IaaS) technologies including relevant security and IAM controls.
- The ability to work independently and autonomously as well as collaboratively within the security team and alongside other internal functions and external third parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive proven IT security experience in a regulated sector
- You will be an existing participant and regular attendee of technical/security industry events
- Excellent knowledge of general security risks, at both technical and business level
- Bachelor's degree (BSc) in an I.T. or similar discipline, or equivalent level of experience is desirable