City of London, London
£75000 - £95000 per annum + bonus + bens
The Harrington Starr recruitment group have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Oracle Database Engineer with strong database administration and engineering skills.
You will be based 5 days per week near to the thriving area of Bank in the City.
You will be joining a team of two other highly skilled DBAs who are responsible for managing the Oracle 12c and 18c database estate. The team are responsible for the day to day support and administration of the Oracle database estate including engineering and all Oracle database related projects. The role involves working closely with other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
This role also offers the opportunity to work on other database platforms like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, exciting technologies like Docker and exposure to DevOps aligned methods of automation, real time monitoring and metrics collections using latest Open-Source toolsets; Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB and openTSDB etc.
The core responsibilities for this Oracle Database Engineer role will be as follows:
- Administering and managing the Oracle Database estate.
- Show a willingness to learn about the technologies in this area.
- Ensure the rollout of a standards-based estate using relevant configuration management tools.
- Capacity planning of the Physical and virtual Database server estate.
- Ensuring high availability of the Infrastructure and minimising the duration and impact of any outages.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests and changes.
- Providing database support and advice to other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users
To obtain an immediate interview for this Oracle Database Engineer we require the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 12c/18c on Linux
- Working knowledge of continuous Integration or Configuration Management tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus) etc.
- Experience in setting up and administering Enterprise Manager and APEX
- Good working knowledge of Red hat and cloud infrastructure.
- Strong scripting skills (preferably Bash, PL/SQL, Python) and a willingness to improve them.
- Experience of designing, building, configuring Data-Guard, cloning, RMAN, patching and upgrades.
- Desirable to have some experience in Oracle database administration and engineering.
- Useful but not essential to have exposure to alternative Open source RDBMS technologies and NoSQL database technologies such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, HBase etc.
- Docker containerisation would be nice
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM environment useful
Our client can wait a reasonable timescale for the right person so please apply if on an extended notice.
The Harrington Starr team look forward to hearing from you about this superb vacancy.