£60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + bens
The Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking to hire an experienced SQL Server & Oracle DBA to join a niche UK business. This will be an excellent chance to break into the Banking Industry for the right person.
This role will combine the elements of best practice Database Administration with SQL Server >2017 & Oracle technology.
Based near to Westminster in London, you will be joining an established IT team that is looking to increase headcount due to record breaking growth. There is easy access to the client offices via a host of mainline & underground stations.
As a SQL Server & Oracle DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Oracle & SQL Server RDBMS systems.
The DBA's main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of database environments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server 2012/2017 & Oracle RDBMS 12c Databases
- Be aware of other technologies including Time Series databases, Windows, Linux and UNIX servers
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Controlling the execution of development changes into the production database environment
- Analyse, solve, and correct server, database and application issues
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Implement and maintain development, testing and live deployment strategies
- Implement and maintain code version control
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
To qualify for this SQL Server/ Oracle DBA here's the technical requirements and qualifications:
- Experience as a SQL Server DBA 2012/2017
- Oracle RDBMS 12c - Oracle RMAN - Oracle ASM - OEM 13c
- Experience with SSRS & SSAS advantageous
- UNIX (bash) shell scripting - Windows PowerShell
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Database design and capacity planning
- Backup and Recovery
- Database and SQL performance tuning and monitoring
- T-SQL scripting - Oracle SQLPlus & PL/SQL
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business based in the heart Westminster. You will be working under the direction of a newly managed team with each member of the new team looking forward to period of sustained growth within their roles. Our client embraces a healthy blend of home to work life balance and truly understands the benefits this brings to the business.
The Harrington Starr group look forward to hearing from you on this.