City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum + £2500 on-call, Pension, Bonus
North Starr are seeking a Network Engineer to work for our prestigious MSP based in London\ City. They are an established yet growing organisation who provide telecom and cloud based solutions to a client base across a number of different sectors. This role provides the successful candidate a great opportunity to expand their technical knowledge within a customer facing role.
As a member of the Network Engineering team the role is to provide:
- Quality 2nd/3rd line troubleshooting expertise taking ownership acting as the escalation for server and networking issues
- Providing structure and direction to fault resolution to others in the team when required
- Carry out routine preventative maintenance procedures for customer and core systems and network elements to ensure network health as set out in our policies and guidelines
- Provide technical input and advice with planned works on the operational network, ensuring they are carried out in a controlled, timely manner with minimum service downtime and that all NOC resources are prepared and informed.
- Liaising with customers on ongoing issues to clearly define steps for resolution
- Liaise with internal teams and external partners to highlight and resolve operational issues and improve services
- Provide technical input and produce RFO reports
- Provide technical root cause analysis and trend analysis to identify any re-occurring themes to reduce repetition of support incident and proactively prevent future incidents occurring.
- Escalate technical issues to the CSM and/or CTO as needed.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the procedures, products and services offered by the client
- Provide technical training and coaching where appropriate and create and maintain associated documentation, technical guides and publications for the team.
- To attend weekly meetings and progress any resulting actions as required and facilitate communication of issues discussed at meetings with the wider team
- To undertake and manage the delivery of specific projects and tasks within the infrastructure environment
The ideal candidate must have :
- A minimum of 3 years work experience within a support environment ideally from a service provider / Telecoms provider background
- CCNP minimum
- A methodical and systematic approach with an eye for detail to identifying issues, proposing possible solutions through to satisfactory conclusion
- Enjoys solving problems and can adapt to new technologies quickly
- A professional and helpful attitude towards customer issues
- excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Technically proficiency with requirements outlined below (Technical Skill Requirements)
- Strong self-management skills to organise own tasks and prioritise and be confident multitasking.
- The ability and willingness to cover out of normal business hours ( to cover the scheduled out of hours on call rota)
Please send your CV ASAP for immediate review.