South East England, England
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
We are recruiting for a Network Security Engineer required by our leading technology-based solutions provider. On offer is the chance to join a cutting-edge solutions provider with an established customer base in a new role created through business expansion. The role will be focussed on exciting project delivery work rather than BAU support tasks. This organisation invests heavily in its staff, which is demonstrated by its willingness to provide a training budget to help employees gain new certifications, which in this case would be in the Cisco arena.
The role will be split between customer sites, head office, and home working, but it would be preferable if candidates were based in the South East/ Greater London catchment area.
On a day to basis your role will involve:
- Architect, design and deliver Network & Security solutions of varying complexity to end customers in accordance with technology roadmaps, standards and guidelines
- Customer facing role in which you must translate business needs into technical solutions
- Directly support sales focused on Network & Security services & delivery including C-level conversations and presentations
- Write and produce SoW's (Statement of Work) for projects
- Lead customer facing events with technical presentations
- Key point of contact for architectural issues in related projects
- Actively engage on ongoing education to expand range of knowledge and expertise
- Create knowledge-base articles and solution guides on a regular basis
- Work closely with team on solution design and vertical focus
The following criteria will be needed for you to be considered:
- 5-10 years' experience as a Cisco Network Engineer
- CCIE Certification in either R&S or Security (must be current) and a CCNP in either R&S or Security (depending on CCIE specialisation)
- Strong background in Cisco Networking & Security Best Practices
- IT/Cloud Architecture Experience
- Knowledge of orchestration/virtualisation tools and concepts such as VMware, VCenter, OpenStack etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security
- Large scale network configuration & deployment experience from Design to Delivery
- Knowledge and experience of multiple Firewall technologies and Vendors
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco Security & Firewalls
- Palo Alto, F5, Checkpoint and Juniper experience is all beneficial
- Understanding of application Security
Clear preference will be given to candidates who have worked for technology/ consulting organisations rather than those who have purely worked in in-house roles.