£36000 - £40000 per annum + bonus + bens + car bens
The Harrington Starr team are looking to hire a Junior SQL Database Analyst who could interested in joining a global business.
This role will combine the elements of best practice SQL Database Administration with SSRS/SSIS technology
Our client is looking to onboard the Junior SQL Analyst by September and for intermediate level candidates, can offer training. The role will suit a Jnr SQL Database administrator or a SQL BI Analyst looking to upskill into SQL DBA work.
Based near to Reading in Berkshire, you will be joining an established IT team that is looking to increase headcount due to record breaking growth. There is easy access to the client offices via public transport and free parking for staff.
As a SQL Server Analyst you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of a critical SQL Server RDBMS systems and company data including Excel VBA applications. The DBA's main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of various corporate applications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Train to be able to manage a SQL Server databases
- Support existing SSRS applications
- Act as a SQL BI Analyst to assist internal marketing dept with ongoing BI support.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analyse, solve, and correct server, database and application issues
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Implement and maintain development, testing and live deployment strategies
- Implement and maintain code version control
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- For intermediate level SQL Analyst, there will be training on offer for the above
To qualify for this SQL Analyst/ jnr DBA here's the technical requirements and qualifications:
- understanding of SQL Server administration & support 2012/2017 or similar role
- Exposure to SSIS/SSRS
- Experience with Excel VBA(Desirable)
- SQL BI understanding with interest in database administration
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- An interest to be trained up in some of these areas around SQL database adminstration
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business based in the heart of Berkshire. You will be working under the direction of an excellent management team with each member of the new team looking forward to period of sustained growth within their roles. Our client embraces a healthy blend of home to work life balance and truly understands the benefits this brings to the business.
The Harrington Starr team look forward to hearing from you on this excellent job opportunity.