£38000 - £43000 per annum + bonus + bens
The North Starr part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking to hire a Junior Software Engineer.
The purpose of this role will be to build business critical enterprise applications within an Agile environment.
Based in Basingstoke Hampshire, the successful Software Engineer will lead the design & development of software layers for our clients digital platforms.
As part of the team you will be able to integrate & automate business processes between applications that run on different systems namely BizTalk & Azure.
The core responsibilities are as follows:
- Deliver value-add type outcomes in all activities
- Translate user stories into functional applications, using Agile practices
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, scalable and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Define and uphold best practice standards, quality measures and metrics
- Identify and lead technical initiatives and innovations, through to completion
- Define and lead implementation of automation techniques to measure and deliver quality, raising standards
- Act as role model for Agile behaviours and the adoption of Agile across teams
- Must be a team player, highly enthusiastic and collaborative
The core skills for this Senior Software Engineer are as follows:
- Recent Software development experience in a complex environment.
- Exposure to Biztalk in either a commercial or academic environment highly desirable.
- Experience and skills to integrate and automate business processes between interdependent applications that run on different systems (B2B, BizTalk, Azure)
- Understanding or experience of designing and implementing cloud based solutions (Azure)
- Useful to have understanding of C# or VB.NET and web based technologies.
- Understand the concept of Agile or Scrum methodology
- prepared for fast track training into all of the technical areas above.
So to re-cap this role is based in Basingstoke and requires the jnr Software Developer to have an understanding of BizTalk technical solutions. Our client embraces a healthy home to work life balance and fully understands the benefits this can bring to the team.
The North Starr team look forward to hearing from you.