£53000 - £55000 per annum + bonus + bens
The North Starr recruitment business are looking to hire an IT Service Delivery Manager who is fully committed to a career move.
This role will see the successful post-holder combine their talents for best practice IT service delivery with Agile & Operational team management.
Based at superb offices in Basingstoke, the role has on-site parking & easy access to the mainline rail station.
You will be responsible for achieving the software/solutions/services delivery commitments of the team and work with product owners or other relevant partners and IT leadership to ensure that there is a steady flow of valuable solutions coming from the team.
The core responsibilities for this IT Service Delivery Manager role are as follows:
- In two parts, manage both the Agile & Infrastructure teams to maximise client productivity.
- When working with the Agile teams, helps the product owner and team members to prioritise initiatives and sprint releases.
- Removes obstacles and roadblocks that impact the performance of the team.
- For Agile teams, works with business partners and team to translate the business strategy or roadmap into backlog items.
- For Agile teams, ensures that the team apply the best software engineering practices including, but not limited to: test driven development, peer reviews, continuous integration and deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing NFR, adherence to standards, comprehensive 'definition of done,' team retrospectives, etc.
- When working with Infrastructure and Operations teams, ensures that the department benchmark against associated services to keep service delivery and support at an appropriate cost.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder; promotes same within team.
- Uses metrics and tools to understand team performance and efficiency; takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Works with their manager to ensure strong and diverse talent is in place to meet business needs and goals.
- Be required to mentor & coach team members to higher levels of performance. Ensures development plans are focused on enhancing skills and expertise needed within the team. Provide 1-on-1 situational coaching towards results, experimentation and learning.
The successful IT Service Delivery Manager will need to possess the following tech & non-tech skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science preferred, or relevant technical experience
- Strong experience in an IT field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Software development or technology background with strong knowledge of relevant technical disciplines
- Can work confidently in a Microsoft environment with a multitude of MS based software & bespoke applications.
- Demonstrates understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles; proficient in agile team development as well as awareness of team training opportunities
- Able to effectively coach and mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Have a strong appreciation of operational management and the duties involved in running successful teams.
Our client is prepared to wait a reasonable timescale for the right candidate so please apply if either immediately available or on a notice with current employer.
To re-cap, this is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Service Delivery Manager to embark on a new career. With a superb home to work-life balance and one of the industry's top employee benefit schemes, this role has it all. You'll be working with a truly motivated group of technical & non-technical professionals all looking to make a positive impact to the client experience.
The North Starr team look forward to hearing from you.