City of London, London
£70000 - £90000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Superb opportunity to join North Starr's FTSE 250 fintech organisation in a new greenfield role as an IT Risk Manager. This is a senior level role in which the successful applicant will play a key role in delivering and championing IT risk within the business.
* Partnering with our second line to establish the standard practices for managing operational risk in first line
* Produce standard procedure and policy documentation for risks and controls in line with group policy requirements
* Working with leaders across Technology ensuring these standards are embedded
* Following up on incidents that occur in Technology and conduct in-depth root cause analysis.
* Ensuring audit readiness for Technology areas and oversight of audit outcomes to completion
* Train and advise the 1st line teams on how to stay compliant
* Provide testing and assurance on existing IT risk and controls in line with regulations and internal requirements with an oversight to the IT regional governance teams
* Report and action on weaknesses relating to controls and suggest improvements whilst identifying the impact on the business
* Making risk meaningful and relevant to everyone, and sharing best practice whilst adapting the language you use to speak about risk so that it is easy for everyone to understand
* Managing high-level stakeholder relationships, across several departments including providing updates to the Senior Leadership Team.
* Assist to develop appropriate KRI / KPI information for the IT control environment to promote effective monitoring
* Prepare monthly Control Review Meeting materials with Group Operations Senior Management
* Embed risk management into the 1st line
Ability / Expertise
* Experience performing risk assessments and control gap assessments in financial or technology environments
* A strong track record of implementing or monitoring 1st Line of defence control frameworks
* Exposure to multi-jurisdictional financial regulatory requirements
* Ability to explain complex sets of rules and translate regulations into clear language to all levels of staff
* Thorough understanding of IT Risk control mechanisms
* Attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* Passionate about technology.
* Experience of working in a global organisation.
* Experience of delivering within a multiple service support team, in a complex business environment
* Interest in financial products
* Experience of dealing with internal and external auditors and possibly regulators would be an advantage
* Knowledge of COBIT processes
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.