North Starr's multi-billion pound turnover blue chip end user are seeking an IT Server/ Infrastructure Engineer to work in a cutting edge global environment. The role will be based at the European Head Office in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
- Managing the Systems-Wintel Service Desk queue to ensure SLA's are met
- Monitoring applications and systems via SCOM to ensure a high level of availability for all Windows Applications
- Administration of Active Directory via Quest Active Roles Server
- Administration of Active Directory DNS, DHCP and Group Policies
- Administration and support of the SCCM environment
- Maintaining IBM Hardware at the Data Centre
- Administration and support of the VMware Environment including VMware VIEW
- Maintaining security and patching across all Windows Servers using SCCM
- Following the Change Management process to ensure all changes are planned, communicated and documented.
- Being part on an on call rota to ensure the data center services are addressed
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- This role requires excellent problem solving, analysis and communication skills. It will suit someone who is highly self-motivated and results driven.
- As this is a highly technical role, a background in Windows Servers (2008 & 2012) is essential and any advanced experience with Active Directory would be advantageous.
- This role also involves knowledge & project management to ensure all documentation is reviewed and up to date and projects are completed on time and to the correct standard.
- The person may be required to travel from time to time.
- MCP, MCSE, MCITP or VCP qualifications will be required.
Skills/Knowledge in the following technical areas would be advantageous:
- Windows 2008 and 2012
- Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- VMware ESXi, VMware VIEW, Veeam
- Microsoft IIS, SCCM, SCOM
If you are interested, please send your CV ASAP for immediate consideration