Dublin City Centre, Dublin
Mainframe Technical Architect required by Harrington Starr's global financial services client based in Dublin city centre. On offer is the chance to work on a global payment system project The role is more focussed on technical development/ architecture rather than application support/ maintenance.
Key tasks will include:
- Producing detailed technical specs utilising Mainframe technical skillset.
- Working on enhancements to current application.
- Providing technical expertise in project meetings.
- Working with senior internal stakeholders and third-party suppliers
- 20% of the role will be BAU/ maintenance.
Key Skills needed
- IMS DB/DC knowledge and work experience.
- Solid mainframe applications experience in both online/batch design and development.
- Extensive mainframe technical skills and working experience is mandatory, eg: COBOL,CICS, DB2, IMS, JCL, TSO, Endevor, CA-7.
- Knowledge of Wire payments, SWIFT messages is an asset.
- Recent development experience