City of London, London
£42000 - £48000 per annum + bonus + bens
The North Starr, part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking to hire a Functional QA Test Engineer.
The successful candidate will be an experienced functional tester who possesses excellent problem solving skills and has a diverse set of technical skills both in manual testing.
You must be a strong communicator and structured individual with excellent attention to detail.
It's essential that you possess the ability to develop effective working relationships with all areas of the business.
The role will be working in an experienced and growing web-based team and will deliver value through delivering quality features to the external clients.
- Play an active role in the Agile planning process and define Test Cases from written requirements and User Stories.
- Execution of manual integration/system tests on the front end web application and API layer.
- Back end database validation using MySQL.
- Identify, characterise and report software defects found to the development team.
- Be part of a cross functional team, who collectively take responsibility for the deliverables and quality.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the QA test strategy and process.
- Assisting with Test Planning.
To qualify for an interview you need to have the following skills:
- Ideally degree educated, having achieved a 2:1 or above in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- Previous experience testing web applications and API's via postman or equivalent.
- Experience in source control - GIT.
- Comfortable with Linux operating systems.
- Exposure to Jenkins.
- Understanding of testing methodologies and their application including UAT and System Testing.
- Strong analysis skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Real desire to progress your career with software testing, keen to learn and a team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please contact the North Starr team immediately if this role could be of interest.