City of London, London
£47000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
The North Starr recruitment business are actively looking to place a ETL/DW Developer. You will administer, support, amend and create ETL processes to load client data into the Data Warehouse or any other appropriate structure.
Based in Canary Wharf you will be working with a highly motivated team all looking to make a difference to the technical landscape. A commercial knowledge of working in complex environments is required.
The ideal candidate will be looking to start a new role in Jan/Feb 2019 however our client is prepared to wait a reasonable timescale if you are on extended notice, so please apply.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
Be involved in the scheduling, monitoring and auditing of the current and future ETL processes
Support, amend and create ETL processes to load client data or external data into the Data Warehouse
Design Data Warehouse solutions for existing and new requirements
Work closely with the Analytics Team & IT to create ETL & Data Warehousing Standards and Guidelines
Provide presentations to the Team, IT and Users to explain any new or existing functionality
Help to analyse report queries or extracts via SQL Server to aid with database design including partitioning plans and indexing strategy
The core skills to progress to interview for this ETL Developer role are as follows:
- Ideally computer sciences or technology related degree, but not essential if relevant prior experience
- Insurance sector experience essential
- Understanding of KPIs particularly for performance management
- 5 Years + T-SQL experience
- 3 years + Experience in SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- MS SQL Server 2012 and up essential
- Experience of Partitioning and Indexing for Multidimensional Schemas important
- Experience of Data Warehousing using Kimball methodology / Star Schema
- Worked within the AGILE methodology
- The ability to use and support the Microsoft office suite of products to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, emails.
- Experience of designing logical and innovative solutions to complex problems within Analytics to aid business performance
The ETL Developer will experience a fantastic work to life balance ratio as our client fully embraces this method of working. So if you are considering a new challenge in 2019 the North Starr team look forward to hearing from you to discuss this superb Datawarehouse development role.