City of London, London
£70000 - £85000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Highly exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies who are market leaders in their field. On offer is the chance to join a newly formed team in a lead position.
Key responsibilities in the role will include:
- Applying Security-as-Code principles across the board to improve security of the product suite & provide training, mentoring, and best practices to the teams.
- Leading the development of an automated framework for Security Tool deployment and development, leveraging various scripting languages and open source solutions.
- Architecting and designing API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security.
- Developing the automation of security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Implementing security features and monitoring tools, performing periodic security assessments
- Responding swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities, investigate suspected attacks and help manage security incidents, including providing post-mortem analysis, identify causes, develop solutions and preventive measures.
- Being an integral part of the Information security incident process
- Managing the development, refresh and implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Building relationships with all staff to promote security throughout the business
Key skills needed:
As a trusted technical authority, you'll become a go-to person for all things Security engineering, who has can demonstrate and apply the following;
- Solid understanding of the following AWS Suites of service:
- 'Security, Identity & Compliance'
- 'Management Tools'
- 'Compute' & 'Storage'
- 'Networking & Content Delivery'
- CI/CD - Deployment pipeline experience (Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform)
- Working knowledge of Vulnerability/compliance, Patch management, Anti-malware, Access Control Management toolsets
- Demonstrable understanding of DLP/IDS/IPS technologies, ability to construct custom signatures and investigate intercepted traffic/logs
- Strong Technical knowledge of secure engineering principles, privacy (DPA / GDPR) and compliance law and standards (OWASP\ISO\ISF\NIST)
- Experience supporting, monitoring and alerting on high availability systems and scalable architectures from a security perspective
- Using a different programming language or technology is an opportunity that you will not let you pass by.
- Able to balance the demands of delivering high quality and demanding timescales.
- Hold yourself accountable to delivering on your commitments.
- Your every action demonstrates that collaboration is the best way to deliver awesome products
It would be great if you also could bring
- A desire to constantly challenge the norm
- Willing to attend conferences, webinars and meet-ups and share the learning.
- Experience of using automation to solve complex problems e.g. Machine Learning
- Deep knowledge of the AWS products and tools.