City of London, London
£55000 - £85000 per annum + c50% bonus
The Harrington Starr BI Data & Analytics team are working with a new Asset Management business with a big appetite for growth. We require a Data Developer who has an understanding of the Financial Services or cutting-edge technology industry.
If you have ever wanted to learn more about 'high-end' Asset Management and looking for a route into Finance & Banking, this could be the perfect opportunity. The long-term earning potential for this role could be a real game-changer for your personal wealth
Some Finance is preferred but for the right candidate, my client will look at other industry sector experience.
This role will suit an individual who has a passion for Data Science and the emerging technologies across the Data Analytics landscape. If you are a Data Developer and have a good blend of Python, Unix, Strong SQL & ETL this role could be ideal for you.
The role will be based full-time, initially 5 days per week near to Trafalgar Square so easily accessible to a host of stations.
The core responsibilities for this Data Developer are as follows:
- Help to evaluate the current Data Infrastructure and improve the current infrastructure including the current data stores and processes.
- Identify best practice Database & ETL development including stored procedures, queries and performance tuning using SQL and ETL tools.
- Look to embark on new ideas & methods when creating data models to solve specific problems or new initiatives as well as maintaining the current data structures and reports.
- As part of a small team, come in and help shape the 'To-Be' future state data architecture.
- Help to evaluate 'As-IS' current data infrastructure and promote best practice processes to create a world class data environment.
- Help to recommend new products for implementation into the business
For an immediate telephone, we require the following skills:
- Degree or commercial understanding of Data Science/ IT related field
- Data science awareness and logical thinking across this subject.
- Understanding and use of SQL and relational databases
- Relational database performance and tuning using indices, statistics and query analysis
- Python programming
- Keen for continued learning across emerging data science technologies.
- Ideally 4 - 7 years' experience however some flexibility for excellent Computer Science graduate with knowledge of above skill set.
Our client needs to make the right hire so can wait a reasonable timescale, therefore please apply if you are on an extended notice.
To re-cap, we require a hybrid Data Developer who is at the top of their game and looking for a role with a significant difference.
You will be ready to help the team with gathering data, cleaning data, loading data into database, accessing data and making it available for consumption into visualisation tool and reporting tool. The growth potential for this role is phenomenal as you will be coming in at the start of the teams creation. The cheque book is on the table from the senior stakeholders in order to buy in the best data & visualisation products for this growing data team.
The Harrington Starr BI & Data Analytics team very much look forward to hearing from you.