City of London, London
£100000 - £120000 per annum + bonus + bens
The Harrington Starr BI, Data Analytics & Science team are partnering our city client to hire a strategic SQL Data Architect.
This role will combine the elements of best practice Data Architecture with back end SQL & BI toolsets.
Based near to London Liverpool St station, we require this individual to initially be on site 5 days per week but with some possible home-working flexibility after probation.
The client is looking to enhance its strategic decision making by overhauling their current data architecture & reporting structures.
The core responsibilities for this Data Architect are as follows:
Work closely with the projects team daily in order to meet business objectives.
Liaise with the CTO to establish new data targets and to advice on new reporting techniques across the business.
Design & own the clients logical data model.
Work with business users and technology to maintain high level documentation of the physical data model.
Work with senior managers, sales and support staff to help define what information they want to see and locate which data they need to use.
Working with technology you will create easy to understand and efficient data products that business users can access, and report developers can leverage for management reporting.
You will help bring siloed data sources to a wider audience by designing data warehouse solutions and directing their implementation for a variety of third-party systems.
To qualify for an immediate interview for this SQL Data Architect role we require the following understanding & experience:
- Have worked either as a Data Architect, or in a similar role, for 5 years or more.
- Essential experience in a leadership role.
- Experience of using and optimising SQL (5 years or more).
- Experience of designing and implementing a relational table structure.
- Understanding and familiarity of data diagramming tools.
- Experience of gathering requirements from a diverse set of users.
- Experience of working with a source control system (e.g. Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc.).
- Experience of working with a modern business intelligence toolset like Power BI.
- Experience with OLAP databases (SQL Server Analysis Services).
- Familiarity with confidentiality issues and data protection laws.
- Familiarity with other types of storage and retrieval (column stores, REST APIs, etc.) would be beneficial.
Our client has the space to hire immediately and can also wait up to 3 months for the right candidate.
To re-cap, we are looking to hire a Data Architect at the top of their game who is ready to embark on a superb career move. The role comes with an outstanding benefits package and a superb home to work-life balance. You will be working with a great set of technical professionals all looking to make a difference to the client's data landscape.
The Harrington Starr BI, Data Analytics & Science team look forward to hearing from you.